If you are a woman in business, you need to incorporate online videos into your social media marketing strategy. By doing so, increases brand awareness and creates viewer action leading to more inquiries and sales. In fact, according to Online Video Marketing Statistics, adding video to small business profiles:
- Increases number of business profile views more than 100%
- Increases number of profile clicks more than 30%
- Increases number of calls generated by more than 18%
For the past several months, I’ve had creating a welcome video for my blog and online community on my ‘to do’ list but have avoided it like the plague. Why? Well, just the sheer thought of having a video of myself floating out there in cyber space is nerving. After reading such staggering statistics on the importance of video marketing to small businesses… AND knowing that Google loves VIDEOS, that is, Forrester Research has reported that websites with video are 50 times more likely to gain an organic first page ranking, I realized that it’s time to stop procrastinating and get down to the business of video marketing.
While researching, I found three inexpensive ways to create professional videos and handy tools to help you in the process:
3 Inexpensive Ways to Create Your Video
Smart Phone: depending on your mobile device, the quality might not be as sharp but this is a great way to capture a quick or impromptu video any time. The iPhone 4 has a great built-in video camera which you can launch, shoot and edit on the go. I use it regularly to record my kids sporting events.
Web Cam: though you can purchase an external webcam, most new computers have this feature built in. This is an easy way to create tutorials, interviews or ‘how to’ videos or vlogs. My kids and I have created a dozen or so silly videos using our webcam.
Screen Recording Software: when searching for online software, you will find a number of free and fee-based screen recording software solutions available.
- Camtasia Studio: this software allows you to easily generate effective videos that help you train, teach, and sell and more. A free trial is available.
- CamStudio: this free software download allows you to record all screen and audio activity on your computer and create industry-standard AVI video files.
- Cue Prompter: a free teleprompter/autocue service.
- Easy Prompter: a free teleprompter service that is compatible with most plugins, browser versions and special hardware, etc.
Screen Shot Software
- Jing: using screenshots is a great way to enhance your fast-paced online conversations. Jing allows you to create images and videos of what you see on your computer screen. For up to 5 minute videos, you can use the free version or simply upgrade!
Video Hosting Services
- Daily Motion: one of the leading sites for sharing videos, attracting over 114 million unique monthly visitors
- Vidler: a platform for video publishers; built by a team of talented developers, designers and architects. A free version is available for personal use.
- Vimeo: created by filmmakers and video creators who wanted to share their creative work, along with intimate personal moments of their everyday life.
Now that you’ve created your online videos, it’s time to upload them to your free YouTube channel. Why use YouTube? Well, by posting your video on YouTube will give you access to the channel’s 20 million monthly visitors.
In conclusion, video marketing is a powerful way to brand your business. By implementing into your plan, provides you with opportunities to engage potential new customers 24/7.