Image courtesy of Shutterstock
I’ve already covered how to Ping out tweets or FB status updates simultaneously and how to keep track of your LinkedIn network connections with a CRM. This is an article for the business women who STILL resist my rants to tweet.
I recently met a rock-star small business owner. As she was venting (on-and-on) about how she can’t think of value added content in the midst of client meetings, interviews and soccer practices– I opened up a word doc and handed her my laptop.
My directions to her were as follows: Take 1.5 hours a month, open a word doc and write down 60-90 tweets.
Stumped on what to write about? Try these ideas:
- Have a Calendar: Open your outlook calendar and discuss upcoming events in the next month
- Have Favorites: View your favorite websites and link back to them in tweets
- Have Inspiration: Link articles that have inspired you, share the content and mention mentors
- Have a Pay-It-Forward Attitude: Plug past clients in a tweet with a link to THEIR website
- Have Solutions: Mention past client solutions you’ve been able to offer with your website link
- Have Personality: Write down a random thought here and there (stay P.C., of course!)
- Have Fun!
The benefit of doing this yourself one day a month is now you have 60-90 tweets all ready to go. These 2 -3 tweets per day can be copied and pasted from your word doc before you start your day, on your coffee break, on lunch or while you’re running the treadmill. Try updating your account in-real-time, but when you’re extraordinarily busy, reference this handy cheat of what to write. Keep it saved on your blackberry or desktop and allow yourself to tweet value added content.
What I’m suggesting does not replace the SOCIAL in Social Media and I strongly encourage interaction and engagement; however, if you’re just getting the hang of things this can head you in the right direction. Writing down tweets ahead of time that mention articles you like, people you admire or calendar events coming up isn’t cheating as long as you remember to be yourself and keep it SOCIAL!
Did you enjoy this article? Subscribe to She Takes On The World and never miss a post!