Image courtesy of Shutterstock
Getting Things Done
You have visualized what you want, determined your goals, and figured out how to make the time to put toward your business, project, or career. Fantastic! Let’s kick things up a notch.
Deadlines & Benchmarks
Deadlines are great for keeping your projects on track.
- Decide what steps you need to take to accomplish one of your larger goals. A benchmark for redesigning your website would be to do research. If you are writing a book, each chapter can be a step. If you are trying to advance your career, you might want to try one new networking event per month.
- Look at a calendar and determine what would be a reasonable deadline for accomplishing each task. Factor in a cushion for time when you know you will be less productive: family vacations, school holidays, seasonal crunch-time at work.
- As with your goals, write these deadlines down. Put them in your calendar, as well as in a place you look at frequently.
Rules & Rewards
Set up your own personal system of rules and rewards.
- What do you like to do? Are you a yogi, an entertainment fan or a foodie?
- What do you need to accomplish? An hour of work, a written document, a business makeover?
- What will encourage you to get your work done? A walk on the beach, a movie, dinner out?
Make a list of each task and the reward you will receive after you complete it.
- One hour’s worth of work allows you 15 minutes of social media time.
- After you accomplish your weekly goal, enjoy a movie or a yoga class.
- Once you accomplish a monthly goal, treat yourself to dinner out.
Celebrate every victory … big and small. And, remember, living your dreams is the greatest reward!