At least once a week I talk to someone who says, “I want to blog but it’s SOOOO hard to think of what to write about all the time!” Guess what? There’s a pretty simple process to creating blog content, and today I’m going to help you create a YEAR of blog content in one day. Yep, one day. How do I know this can be done? My record using this system was 50 pieces of content in just 6 hours! If you’re publishing weekly, well…you do the math.
Ready to get started? Join me in today’s episode of She Takes on the World TV (check out my power blogging t-shirt) and let’s blog some shit!
Click here to watch this week’s episode on YouTube: http://youtu.be/2DLeomb8J4g
To recap, here’s my process for creating loads of yummy content in just one sitting:
- Visit your Facebook page and crowd-source questions, comments, pain points, challenges, and suggestions from your audience. What questions do they ask that you have an answer to?
- Organize this feedback into a list, and don’t hesitate to add a few of your own ideas in there. I’ve found that reading through my audience’s feedback really gets my ideas flowing, too.
- Now go through and write a few talking points that you will use to answer each question on the list.
- Next, grab a camera (a webcam is fine) and RECORD YOURSELF answering those questions. Go through question by question and make sure you hit on the talking points you jotted down for each. (If you’re a video blogger, you might want to think about hiring a videographer for this step.)
- When you’re done recording, your videographer can edit the answers into individual videos, and voila, you have video blogs ready to go! OR, if you’re doing it yourself, cut the video into manageable chunks and send them off to a transcriptionist (you can find transcribers at the ready on Elance or oDesk).
- After you get the transcriptions back, give them a little love + polish to make sure the writing is in a nice blogging format, that it’s easy to understand, and grammatically correct. You can also hire a freelance editor to do this for you.
- Sit back + relax… Blog posts? You’ve got it covered.
My actionable for you this week is to crowd-source upcoming content, set aside a few hours to record answers to the questions you get asked, and then send them off to be transcribed so you can create loads of loads of awesome new content for your audience!
Now I want to hear from you! Do you have a content strategy that can help our community create lots of amazing content? If you do, I’d love for you to put it in a comment below!