Short on time? No problem!
It’s rare to have a whole day to devote to your passion projects, so make the most of the time you do have. Last month, I explained how you can use short increments of time to make a difference in productivity. Now, we’ll figure out what to do with that time.
Here are a variety of things you can do in 15 minutes during your breaks at work, long lines at the DMV, and other downtime -like waiting to pick up your kids at school -to take your productivity and your business to the next level!
- A book or magazine about your industry.
- Research relevant websites.
- Email blasts from competitors.
Stay on top of what’s happening in your field. This gives you a competitive edge and increases your level of expertise.
- A to-do list, grocery list, or quick journal entry.
- A query, blog post, or blog and social-networking comments.
- Your bio, press release, or a draft of your business plan.
Instead of spending a lot of time mulling over the items you have to write, write them quickly. You’ll be pleasantly surprised at how effective focused writing-time can be. You can always edit queries, blog posts, and publicity materials later.
- Take a walk, exercise or power-nap.
- Cook, garden, meditate.
- Sketch, take photos, work a crossword puzzle or Sudoku.
Do whatever it takes to do a personal “system re-boot.” You will feel refreshed and will be more productive when you head back to your daily routine.