What if I told you that your biggest secret weapon in business is always at your disposal, and that it’s absolutely free?!! You’d be using it all the time to get ahead in business and life, right? But trust me, not nearly enough people are taking advantage of this amazing gift. What is it???
I’m talking about your intuition. Following your intuition and trusting it completely.
There was a time in my life when I didn’t feel as confident, aligned, and on purpose in my business as I do now. When I was starting one of my first businesses with a few partners, I had this nagging feeling that I shouldn’t go forward with it. But my logical mind told me it was too late to turn back, so I ignored my gut. Guess what? My intuition turned out to be right and my business story, unfortunately, did NOT have a happy ending.
My point: One of the most powerful tools you have as an entrepreneur is your intuition. (Click to tweet!)
In today’s episode of She Takes on the World TV I’m going to share with you some of the ways I stay tuned in to my intuition. Try a few of these out, and you’ll be amazed at how quickly you can connect with your own inner guidance system:
To watch today’s episode of She Takes on the World TV, click here: http://youtu.be/NwoHh4JgIEk
To recap, here are six things that I do to stay tuned in and expand my intuition:
1) Spend more time in nature. Disconnect from your digital devices and find time to take a walk outside. It’s almost impossible to not be present when the sun is shining on you and nature is all around.
2) Speaking of being present, one day a week I try to be present for every single that I’m doing that day. Think about the steps you’re taking, the food you’re eating, heck, even concentrate on the loveliness and grace in the simple act of doing dishes. Presence = gratitude.
3) Stream-of-consciousness free writing. This is an exercise where the only rule is that you don’t stop writing as you go along. That means no editing or anything, just contemplate a question on your mind and let the words flow!
4) Keep a dream journal. Instead of getting up and immediately checking your mobile device, set an intention for the day and write down your dreams before you forget them. Your intuition can speak to you through your dreams – it’s really important stuff!
5) Give up attack thoughts and lose the negativity. Start to have more of a dialogue with your inner critic and begin feeding yourself more positive thoughts. If you want to learn more about this process, check out my friend Gabby Bernstein’s books.
6) Do an energy experiment. I just read a great book called E-Squared, and one of the energy experiments is to set an intention to be shown a specific thing as many times as possible over the course of a few days. I did this, and was amazed by the results!
My actionable for you this week is to pick one of the exercises or tips I talked about, and make it your mission to use it to tune in to your intuition. Then let me know in a comment below what you’re doing to stay in tune with your intuition.
***Remember, intuition is a tool we all have the power to tap into!***