Welcome to She Takes on the World! We’ve got passion and prowess and we’re changing the world one business, and one mission, at a time.
She Takes on the World was founded in 2008 by Emmy Award-winning media producer and bestselling author Natalie MacNeil. We have reached some big milestones and received some incredible accolades along the way:
- Winner of Blog of the Year 2010 at the Stevie Awards for Women in Business
- Forbes Top 100 Websites for Women 2010
- Grew to 20 contributors in 2010!
- Forbes Top 100 Websites for Women 2011
- ForbesWoman Top 10 Entrepreneurial Sites for Women 2011
- Grew to 40 contributors in 2011!
- Incorporated and became She Takes on the World Inc. on December 19th, 2011
- Published She Takes on the World: A Guide to Being Your Own Boss, Working Happy, and Living on Purpose, the bestselling business book for women
- Winner of digital media pitch competition, Launchpad, in May 2012
We are now excitedly beginning a new chapter as we raised our first round of funding in May 2012 to transform She Takes on the World into a powerful platform that helps women build thriving businesses and influential personal brands. Stay tuned for more details coming soon.
Over the last few years we have created A TON of content. This is a curated list of some of our favorite and most popular posts:
Building Your Empire and Taking on the World
- This is Why You’re Broke
- The Ready, Set, Go Business Start-Up Checklist
- Ask a CEO: Can I Make a Totally Unreasonable Request?
- 9 Characteristics of a Good Leader
- Does Your Network Have .Net Worth?
- Cull Unprofitable Clients to Help Your Business Thrive
- Four Very Cool Business Card Ideas
- Small Business Lessons from the New York Times Small Biz Summit
- Your Fortune is in the Follow-Up
- Goal Setting: Turning Your Vision Into Reality
- Don’t Lose Them at Hello: Tips to Power Up Your Presentation Skills
Interviews, Inspiration, and Lessons from Successful Women Entrepreneurs
- Danielle LaPorte on Finding Your Way, Telling Your Story, and Starting Fires
- In Her Heels: We Chat With Stella & Dot CEO Jessica Herrin
- My Interview With Barbara Corcoran, Star of ABC’s Shark Tank
- Are You Ready to Be the Happiest Person You Know? My Interview With Gabby Bernstein
- Lessons from Oprah Winfrey: The Ultimate Female Mogul
- Interview With Arianna Huffington on the Purpose of Life and Who Inspires Her
- Gina Bianchini Talks Startups, Lessons Learned, and the Future of Social Media
- Interview With Girl on Top, Nicole Williams
- Eve Plumb on Letting Go of Fear and Reinventing
Entrepreneurial Journey & Life Lessons
- Journey Out of Debt: How This Single Mom Paid Off $93,000 in 3 Years
- The Name Game: Did You Say “I Do” to a Name Change?
- What I Learned from Leftovers
- The Most Difficult Post I’ve Written So Far: My Journey to Self-Love
- When is the Last Time You Took a Guilt-Free Break from Your Business?
- How to Avoid the Top 5 Entrepreneurial Mistakes Made by Women
- Visualization: The First Step on the Road to Success