We all like to have money in the bank, obviously. But today I want to talk to you about all the things of value you have sitting outside the bank — things like your condo, your know-how, your side hustle, and your connections. Value comes in lots of shapes and sizes, and many of them aren’t shaped like dollar bills. (Click to tweet!)
Some of the most successful people I know got to that place because they know how to leverage everything they’ve got.
So, how about you?
Are you ready to learn how to leverage ALL your assets so that you can put even more money in the bank without any additional investment on your part? Join me for the video below and let’s start leveraging!
Click here to watch this week’s episode on YouTube: http://youtu.be/Ppbg3KeBz7Y
To recap, here are five areas you can look to leverage for even more earning power:
- Property: If you have a condo or an office or studio space you can be renting all of it or a portion of it. If you have an extra room, you could rent that extra room out for even a few days a month through a service like Airbnb.
- Relationships/connections: You give a little and you take a little. You have friends and peers who are helping you to promote your products and your services and, in return, you help them promote their stuff, as well. If you want to read more about the concept of leveraging relationships, I recommend you check out Gary Vaynerchuk’s book, “Jab, Jab, Jab, Right Hook” (or, as it translates in the concept of the book, it’s give, give, give, and then ask).
- Trading services: If you’re a copywriter who needs some web design done and you have a friend who’s a web guru who needs a new “About” page, see if you can swap services (it’s a huge win-win)!
- Money in your bank account: It’s great to have an emergency fund in your savings account, but other than that, your money shouldn’t just be sitting there. You can make it work for you by either investing it into more assets like property or into mutual funds or stocks. Check out Deepak Chopra’s book, “The Seven Spiritual Laws of Success,” to learn more about how to keep your money flowing like a river.
- Your closet: I’m sure you have a lot of clothes and shoes that you just haven’t been using lately. Why not take them into a consignment shop and turn them into some dollar bills since you’re not using them anyway.
Your actionable this week is to make a list of all the things of value that you have and look into ways you can leverage all those assets so that they are working to earn you even more. In a comment below I’d love for you to tell me what three of those things are.
**For the love of leverage I’d love for you to share this video with your friends, and if you would like more soaring inspiration and practical advice delivered straight to your inbox please subscribe to my channel!***
P.S. My friend Gabby Bernstein just released her new book, and I think it’s her best one yet! In the book, Gabby goes through 108 of her favorite techniques for less stress and more flow in your life. Get the book here: http://amzn.to/1iqIHya