Today I want to talk to you about a topic I’m really passionate about, something I like to call the North Star Syndrome.
The North Star Syndrome happens when you fixate on someone else’s success to the point you think they shine the “brightest,” just like the North Star. (But guess what? The North Star ISN’T the brightest star in the sky, not even close!) And that other person you’re constantly trying to measure up to? Their “star” doesn’t shine any brighter than yours!
People will ask me in interviews if I want to be “the next” so and so, and the answer is always NO, I don’t want to be the next so and so! The only “next” I wanna be is the next best version of ME. (Click to tweet!)
Join me for this week’s episode of She Takes on the World TV and I’ll explain why all this North Star business is sooo highly overrated and what you can do to make your own star shine the brightest! (Including a special meditation designed to help you release your attachment to focusing on someone else’s success.) Check out the video below:
To watch today’s episode of She Takes on the World TV, click here: http://youtu.be/9lSagUILMXw
Here are instructions for the cord-cutting meditation I describe in my video:
(By the way, this is great for not only releasing your fixation on that North Star person you always compare yourself to, but also for anyone else in your life you feel you need to energetically release.)
- Set aside 10-15 minutes when you won’t be interrupted.
- Get calm and comfortable, in whatever way works best for you. I like to have some tea, light a candle and incense, and sit in a meditation space I have in my home.
- Close your eyes and think about the person you want to detach from. Really focus on them until you have a very clear image of them in your mind.
- Visualize your attachment to that person being a cord of light, running from you to them.
- When you’re ready, simply visualize cutting that cord or letting it dissolve or even explode – whatever comes to you in the moment that allows you to see that the cord is severed.
- Thank that person for the lessons they have taught you and then tell them it’s time for you to let go of your attachment to them.
- Take a few deep, cleansing breaths, and when you’re ready, open your eyes and come back to the room…
My actionable for you this week is to release that person you’ve been fixating on as your North Star and, in doing so, you’re freeing yourself to be more of you. Then let me know in a comment below how the meditation helped you!
***Don’t follow the North Star! Pave your OWN path and go in the direction that feels like the right path for you! Remember, you matter, your work matters, and your unique purpose and path matter!***