My childhood dream was to be an entrepreneur / author / teacher / speaker / astronaut.
I carried this dream for quite a few years, until middle school teachers and guidance counselors advised me that this was out of the question. They encouraged me to find a “real job” that I might enjoy doing. Through a software program that helps students figure out what job they could potentially do based on their passions, I was told I would make a good lawyer. The second option it gave me was being a circus performer. I have no idea where that one came from. Quite frankly, I think this kind of software should be banned in schools. [Side note: Today I am an entrepreneur and an author and a teacher and a speaker and a soon-to-be astronaut once I book my ticket into space with Virgin Galactic.]
Let’s fast forward to my university years, when I was still thinking I might become a lawyer but my entrepreneurial soul kept whispering to me that I was meant to carve my own path. While I was trying to figure it all out, this happened:
Since starting She Takes on the World after having that epiphany, we have grown to achieve some pretty big milestones and accolades along the way:
- Raised a round of funding in 2012 and launched The Conquer Club with the investment funding in 2013
- Won Website of the Year 2013 at the Stevie Awards for Women in Business
- Listed on Forbes “Top 100 Websites for Women” four years in a row: 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013
- Listed on ForbesWoman’s “Top 10 Entrepreneurial Sites for Women”
- Incorporated and became She Takes on the World Inc. on December 19th, 2011
- Won nextMEDIA Toronto’s Digital Launch Pad for the “Hottest Digital Property”
- Published She Takes on the World: A Guide to Being Your Own Boss, Working Happy, and Living on Purpose, the bestselling business book for women
- Landed a dreamy book deal with Penguin Random House (Perigee Imprint) for The Conquer Kit (December 2015), my creative business planning system for entrepreneurs
We turned a new leaf when we launched our flagship product, The Conquer Club, to help women build thriving businesses, and influential personal brands. I invite you to learn more and join this powerful sisterhood of entrepreneurs.
I also recommend checking out She Takes on the World TV. It’s my weekly video series that features inspiration and practical advice for your business + life.
Thanks so much for stopping by our soul-stirring sanctuary for women entrepreneurs.