A note from Natalie: My team and I are taking a sabbatical for the remainder of the summer, so we’re bringing back some of our greatest hits for you to experience for the first time or enjoy again… Summer’s always a great time for catching up on reruns! We’ll be back in the fall with some amazing new episodes for you!
Every day, what you face out in the world is actually a reflection of your inner experience. If you start every day by diving within, you’re going to notice a big shift in what you see around you — I promise. I know, because I have a meditation that I do first thing every morning and it makes a huge difference in my day.
The most powerful opportunity you have for change each day might just happen before you even open your eyes. (Click to tweet)
In today’s episode of She Takes on the World TV, I’m going to take you through the guided meditation that I use every morning. Join me as I walk you through setting an intention for the day and you’ll soon be on the path to having a daily meditation routine of your own.
Click here to watch the video: http://youtu.be/4JoDtboAaGg
As a bonus, I’ve made available a free downloadable mp3 version of this meditation so you can experience it on a regular basis or even set it as your alarm clock ring tone so you wake up to something positive every day.
Can’t watch the video right now? Follow these steps to set an intention for your day:
- Say, “I am grateful for this day. As I begin a new day, I dwell in gratitude and ask for divine guidance.”
- Now, set your intention for the day. What do you want to do today? And, more importantly, how do you want to feel for the day? (Happy, productive, healthy, energetic, calm…?) State your intention out loud: “I intend_____________________________.”
- What do you choose to let go of as you begin this brand new day? (Guilt, feelings of unworthiness, worry, doubt, anger…?) Say out loud what baggage you are leaving behind, starting in this moment: “I am letting go of _______________________.”
- Open your eyes to the room, ready to start your day.
- Depending on the intention that I’ve set for the day, I’ll usually choose a mantra from the book A Course in Miracles that I’ll carry with me throughout the day. For example, if I have a negative feeling toward someone, I might use, “Love holds no grievances.” Or, if my intention for the day is simply to be productive and joyful, I’ll repeat to myself, “My happiness and my function here are one.”