s

The 30 Best Business Blogs for Women

topblogawardMillions of women write blogs but only a small fraction write blogs about business. The majority of blogs on topics relating to business and entrepreneurship are written by men yet women are starting small businesses at twice the rate of our male counterparts. While there are many great business blogs written by both men and women, women often have a different perspective on entrepreneurship and business. For this reason She Takes On The World wants to recognize outstanding business blogs for women. These 30 women mean business:

Susan GuneliusWomen On Business -Reading Women On Business is a like having your own personal mentor. It is written by powerhouse entrepreneur and author, Susan Gunelius, along with other guest contributors.

lindasmithLinda’s Business Blog -Linda Smith is a content Queen and I love her style of writing. I have learned a lot from her posts since I started reading her blog last year and I’m sure you will too.

sabrina parsonsMommy CEO -Sabrina Parsons writes about business and life as a mom and CEO. If you want to learn about running a company and work-life balance, she is who you want to learn from. Read part 1 and part 2 of my interview with Sabrina.

bossladiesThe Boss of You -Co-written by successful entrepreneur duo, Lauren Bacon and Emira Mears, The Boss of You is all about learning to run a business doing what you love. The Boss of You is also a book, published by Seal Press.

yvonne divitaLipsticking -Lipsticking is always a great read. Owner and author, Yvonne DiVita, is an expert on publishing and marketing. She was one of the first women to reach out to me when I started She Takes On The World (then called Taking On the World in 4 Inch Heels). Thanks Yvonne! This blog has come a long way since then.

laura westJoyful Business Blog -Laura West fuses smart business practices with the law of attraction in her unique approach to starting a small business and breaking through personal barriers.

toby bloombergDiva Marketing Blog -Pro marketer and owner of Bloomberg Marketing, Toby Bloomberg navigates marketing in the 21st century with charm. I love her fun approach to marketing online.

kelly king andersonStartup Princess -Founded by Kelly King Anderson, Startup Princess is a network of business women and features a wide variety of articles. The Startup & Grow section is particularly useful for women entrepreneurs.

laurel delaneyEscape from Corporate America -If you dream of being an entrepreneur but need a push, you have to read this blog by global small business consultant and author, Laurel Delaney.

liz straussSuccessful Blog -Liz Strauss delves into one of the most important parts of building a business –building a base of loyal customers. This woman has heart and is known for responding to the thousands of comments left by her readers.

laura riesRies’ Pieces -Laura Ries, co-founder of the consulting company Ries & Ries, is a power marketer, branding strategist and bestselling author. She explores branding strategies of top companies.

leigh householderAdvergirl -If you don’t already have Advergirl by Leigh Householder in your Google Reader, add it! Leigh discusses branding, social media, and marketing. I guarantee you will have at least a few “AHA” moments.

simone brummelhuisThe Next Women -This online business magazine, founded by Simone Brummelhuis, features businesses that are led by women and profiles a “Female Internet Hero” each month. It’s always nice to read stories about women making it big and getting recognized.

denise lee yohnBrand as Business Bites -Branding expert, Denise Lee Yohn, is a sought after consultant and public speaker. She will help you build a power brand from the ground up.

coree silveraMarket Like a Chick -Pro marketer, Coree Silvera, tells it like it is and examines marketing from a female perspective. She focuses on internet marketing but also writes about business and interviews top women in the marketing industry.

Shawn DriscollLead the Way -Shawn Driscoll uses her blog to coach entrepreneurs on how to overcome challenges that prevent business growth. Shawn gets you to ask yourself important questions that will help you be more successful.

kelly watsonOne Woman Marketing -Kelly Watson is a marketing consultant and copywriter who coaches businesswomen on finding the right way to market themselves both online and offline.

cecilia edwardsCecilia Edwards’ Blog -Cecilia is a former rocket scientist (yes, rock scientist!) turned value creation expert, consulting with entrepreneurs around the world. She writes about strategies that will get your business results.

pam slimEscape from Cubicle Nation -Pam Slim is certified as a master coach and shares her expertise on making the transition from corporate worker to thriving entrepreneur. Pam’s passion shines through her posts.

Michele MillerWonder Branding -Marketing goddess, Michele Miller, shares her views on female consumerism and how to connect to your female customers. She is an author, international speaker, and partner in an advertising consulting firm that works with major brands across North America.

ali brownAli Brown’s Blog -Ali Brown shares her secrets to success. She is a successful entrepreneur and on a mission to help women make all their dreams come true through entrepreneurship.

beth harteThe Harte of Marketing -Beth Harte is a professor and speaker with over 15 years of marketing and communications experience. She is not afraid to speak her mind and share her opinions, which are usually spot-on!

carrie wilkersonThe Barefoot Executive’s Blog -Carrie Wilkerson has built several successful businesses and now coaches others to do the same. Her blog is a must read for work-from-home women.

nina kaufmanMaking It Legal -Award-winning business attorney, Nina Kaufman, helps entrepreneurs to navigate through all sorts of legal barriers and issues you may face as you grow your business.

wendy piersallSparkplugging -Wendy Piersall is the founder and main author at Sparkplugging, a must-read for solopreneurs. She is a passionate expert on blogging, new media, and starting micro-businesses.

erica brooksA Woman in Business -Erica Brooks, a small business owner and mom of two, shares her experiences and business resources to help women start, manage and market a small business.

kami_watson_huyseCommunication Overtones -Kami Watson Huyse is a public relations expert and founder of the agency, My PR Pro. She writes about marketing, public relations, and social media for businesses.

lynn terryClickNewz -Lynn Terry is a full-time internet marketer who has started or been involved with many successful online businesses. She posts daily about creative strategies and tips to help you grow your online business.

ardath albeeMarketing Interactions -Ardath Albee is a customer service and marketing expert who uses her blog to connect “the process and the people.” She is the CEO of her marketing company, Marketing Interactions.

Do you have any favorite business blogs by women that you don’t see on this list? Tell us in a comment below.

Did you enjoy this post? Subscribe to She Takes On The World, the business and lifestyle blog for women entrepreneurs, and never miss a beat.

Tweet Me from She Takes On The World

Get your weekly dose of soaring inspiration and practical advice, delivered right to your inbox!

45 thoughts on The 30 Best Business Blogs for Women Leave a reply

1. Pingback: Get the Assistance you Require | Just Business

2. Pingback: Top 30 Business and Entrepreneurship Blogs by Women :: Women on Business

3. Coree Silvera

Sweet! You beat me to the punch…I was putting together my list of favorite ladies in marketing & business too. We share a few of the same picks (which means these ladies really know their business!) but I’ve also found a couple women here that I must add right away. Great job, Natalie!

Thanks for including Market Like A Chick in this awesome list of talented women in business! :)
    [rq=322934,0,blog][/rq]10 Must Have WordPress Plugins For The Non-Techy

4. Lauren Bacon

Natalie, we’re delighted & honoured to be included in this list of stellar bloggers! Thanks so much for including us. Like Coree, I found some favourites of mine in the list as well as some new names I’m excited to discover.

5. Natalie MacNeil

Thank you all for the comments. I also think lists like this are wonderful because they introduce you to new bloggers that you may not have known about before. All of you are such fabulous women!

6. Pingback: Top 30 Business and Entrepreneurship Blogs by Women « Linda’s Business Blog

7. Laurel Delaney

We are thrilled to be included among such a prestigious group of talented women entrepreneurial bloggers! Thank you ever so much.

I am sure the list will continue to grow each year to ensure no gifted woman blogger is ever left out.

Best wishes for continued success,
    Laurel Delaney

The Official Escape From Corporate America Blog

Chicago, IL
    U.S.A.

8. Natalie MacNeil

Thank you all! The response has been incredible on this post.

@Carma: I’m not sure how many blogs each woman has but I imagine some have more than one. I know Susan Gunelius writes for several sites and blogs and will be writing the upcoming Blogging for Dummies book.

To everyone who has asked about growing this list, I would love to see this list grow for next year and make it an annual thing. Also, last year the She Takes On The World Women of the Year awards were a great success and that will be happening again in December.

Thanks for the support, comments, and tweets :)

9. Pingback: vote for the best blogpost | denise lee yohn: brand as business bites™

10. Pingback: Top 30 Entrepreneurship and Business Blogs by Women «

11. Jen Consalvo

Fantastic list – this will be a great resource in the future!

I would also like to suggest http://www.womengrowbusiness.com/ – edited by Jill Foster, which has daily articles written by over a dozen women entrepreneurs. It brings together many different voices from various types of businesses. Lots of great stuff in there!

Cheers!
    Jen
    (for full disclosure, I’m one of the many contributing writers)

12. Steve Fisher

These are great blogs my some very smart people. One you should add to your list is Women Grow Business (www.womengrowbusiness.com) with its Editor, Jill Foster. Many if the people on this list have guest blogged there. She was just at the GrowSmartBiz conference and did a great job promoting female entrepreneurship.

-Steve
    [rq=853404,0,blog][/rq]Welcome to Rules for Business.

13. Natalie MacNeil Post author

Thanks to everyone for the comments and recommendations. I am working on another list to include these recommendations. It’s great to connect with so many fantastic bloggers.

14. carol

I love the way you gave recognition to great women blogger especially those who do well in business.

maybe it’s natural for women to be successful and yet never hesitate to share knowledge and expertise for free. I salute everyone who made it to this amazing list.

I myself has been taking baby steps in running my own business and I really appreciate seeing a list like this for reference.
    [rq=1047589,0,blog][/rq]Expert-preneur System

15. Natalie MacNeil

Thanks Carol! I think it’s wonderful that successful women share their experiences and help other women. Congratulations on starting your own business and good luck!

Sulaiman, thank you. We need men to champion the empowerment of women worldwide, especially in places where women are still seen as second class citizens.

16. Melissa

I just stumbled upon this…I can’t believe I haven’t seen this list yet! I follow a number of these blogs weekly. Thank you for pulling together a great list and for giving me some more blogs to check out.

17. Tracy Matthewman

Great job for promoting women empowerment! I personally believe that women nowadays are closely competing with men when it comes to entrepreneurship and taking on the business world. Women should never be underestimated! That’s why as a woman, I believe that by having the right attitude, by nurturing my skills, being persevered, and most importantly being able to manage my time in order to make the most out of it will make me just as successful as other men! With that being said, I want to share this link to all of you where you can learn a lot about time management specially made for a successful woman like you. =) performtoprofit.com. I hope you visit it and let me know what you think. =)
    .-= Tracy Matthewman´s last blog ..List of Famous Entrepreneurs And Their Secret Weapon – Time Management =-.

18. Pingback: Making It Legal Makes the Top 30!

19. Pingback: Trusted Advisor » Muses: Really Entertaining Business Blogs by Women » Trusted Advisor

20. kath

I think the ideas you have mentioned above are very effective and useful for women entrepreneurs, even if they are new on this field. This article brought to us was so important. Thank you for sharing it.

21. Sylvia Browder

As always, congratulations to the amazing women who was included in your list. I love women who empower other women. I am not ‘tooting’ my own horn but my blog, ‘Sylvia Browder’s Blog for Women Entrepreneurs’ and now authors provides resources and articles in the areas of beauty, entrepreneurship, health and wellness, financial wealth, spirituality and general news about women. In addition, I profile the work of authors and the success of women in business. In the last few weeks, I made several top lists. I am planning to add an ‘Ask Sylvia’ column to be able to answer business related questions.

22. Dani

Hey Natalie! Thanks for this! Will have to check these out. Marie Forleo’s blog is really good too. Just watched your video on your favourite books…. my to-read list has blown up lol thanks for the material :)

23. Barbara

Just saw this great new product – MessagePetz on kickstarter.com (the funding platform) – wish I didn’t have to wait until christmas to get one for my son – but it will be worth the wait! i don’t know if it will work but i attached the link.